Of course, you want your first dance to be absolutely magical. You want it to be filled with emotion and candor, with beauty and elegance – you want every second of this dance to last for a lifetime in your memory, so that you can “replay” it again, and again.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be a natural dancer to pull off a magnificent first dance. With a few tips, you can definitely create a moment that will bring guests to tears – and here’s what you should keep in mind to achieve this:
- Start with choosing the perfect song. If you want to make sure this moment is genuine, choose a song you can actually relate to. Moreover, make sure the song itself is danceable, especially if you know yourselves not to be at a professional dancing level. Choose a song that speaks about your love story in a beautiful way and it will make for at least 50% of the first dance’s gorgeousness!
- Learn the proper dance position. This is very important if you want to have a beautiful posture while dancing. The leader should place his/her right hand on the follower’s left shoulder blade, with the right elbow pointed up. The follower, on the other hand, should wrap his/her left arm around the partner’s lifted arm, with the right arm placed on his/her triceps.
- Learn the basic box step. This is a dance step you can learn easily – and it will be suitable for multiple types of dances (including the first dance and other dances at the wedding). Rehearse a bit and you’ll both master this step!
- Plan an elegant entrance. If you want to make sure your big entrance is truly elegant and beautiful, remember to rehearse it as well. It doesn’t have to be anything too complicated – but it should look self-confident and candid.
- Add a bit of spinning. Want to make your dance more exciting? Rehearse some spins in your first dance too! They are easy to pull off once you learn how to do them and they will make everything more entertaining too.
- End the dance with a stunning dip. Make for the perfect final photo by dipping the “follower” of the dance in a romantic and beautiful way. Again, this is something that needs a bit of planning and rehearsing – but it will be more than worth it!
Searching for wedding vendors capable of going above and beyond to make your dream wedding come true? Come visit Bride City Bridal Shows! Come visit us and buy tickets for the upcoming shows, and we guarantee you won’t regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ brucebentley